A Charitable Gift Annuity is a contract between you and CFR whereby a donor makes a gift of assets or cash in exchange for our promise to pay you a fixed income for your life. You will receive a charitable deduction for the value of your future gift to us, plus the satisfaction of knowing you are helping to fund ministry and change lives.
How Do Charitable Gift Annuities Work?
- You receive an income tax deduction in the year that you establish the annuity for the gift portion of the contract.
- You receive a fixed periodic income that is not affected by the fluctuations of the marketplace.
- You receive a portion of your annuity income free of federal taxes.
- The minimum amount required to establish a charitable gift annuity through Christian Financial
Resources is $10,000.
- The rate of return is typically from 5%-10%, based on donor’s age, and depends on whether one
or two people will receive income from the gift.
- You cannot add to a charitable gift annuity but you can establish additional annuity agreements
at any time.
- The annuity is an irrevocable agreement.
- Christian Financial Resources has already funded over 700 projects in the Eastern US. With your charitable gift annuity you are partnering with us in continuing to expand the Kingdom of God,
and changing lives forever.
- Your money is safe with a ministry you trust.
If you have any questions about Charitable Gift Annuities, please contact our main office at 800-881-3863.